The City is currently accepting applications for community grants. Applications are due by 5:00 PM, August 30, 2019 and should be submitted to City Hall, c/o Finance Director. Applications may be emailed to Jennifer Callaway, mailed or hand delivered to 595 Harbor Street, Morro Bay, CA 93442.
Please click on the link below for a copy of the application and Council approved Community Grants Policy that includes a requirement for annual reporting of grant funds as well as a sample City contract awardees will be required to sign. Please review all materials carefully when determining if you would like to apply for a City of Morro Bay Community Grant. Grants may be awarded for projects and/or programs that qualify under one of the following categories:
- Community and Social Services: Funding for programs and services that address identified community needs or problems (as stated in the City’s General Plan, action plan, Council Goals, or other policies). These may include, but may not be limited to:
- Crisis Intervention and/or Centers
- Youth Services and Athletics
- Active Adult service agencies
- Health and Safety
- Youth-Serving Agencies
- Social service agencies and programs.
- Bilingual service agencies
- Low-income service agencies
- Economic Development
- Cultural Arts, including but not limited to:
- Museum, including artistic, historical or scientific display or education
- Performing Arts, including music and theater arts
- Fine and Visual Arts
- Project: Funding for one-time projects designed to address a significant community need or problem. City funding shall be limited to a specific timeframe, usually not more than one year.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Jennifer Callaway, Finance Director, via email or phone at (805) 772-6217. Estimated award of grant funds is September 2019.