COVID-19 Information Page
MORRO BAY CARES
The City of Morro Bay has been closely monitoring the emerging, rapidly evolving Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation and working with our partners at the local, county, and state level to remain current on the most up-to-date information and guidance as it becomes available. Below are links to informational resources regarding COVID-19.
REOPENING & RECOVERY EFFORTS SURVEY
SLO County is seeking input from residents and businesses on reopening and recovery efforts. Please take a few minutes to complete the survey.
LOCAL VARIANCE ATTESTATIONS
A county that has met certain criteria in containing COVID-19 may consider increasing the pace at which they advance through Stage 2 of California’s roadmap to modify the Stay-at-Home order. The goal is to open the state in a way that minimizes the risk for COVID-19 to the extent possible.
On May 20, 20, the State approved SLO County to move further into Stage 2 of phased reopening. What does that mean for the Morro Bay? Check out the flyer and public notice below to find out.
- SLO County Attestation Approved - Phase 2 Reopening Flyer - 5/20/20
- Public Notice: State Approved Attestation - SLO County Moves into Stage 2 - 5/20/20
- Noticia - Certificación aprobada por el estado: el condado de SLO pasa a la Etapa 2 - 5/20/20
URGENCY ORDINANCE NO. 631
This urgency ordinance is put in place to encourage social distancing. We are seeking compliance and will use education prior to any enforcement actions.
RUOK (Are You OK?)
The City is offering voluntary RUOK wellness calls to our vulnerable high-risk population that has been asked to shelter in their homes. To sign up for this service please complete the form found here or call the City of Morro Bay Fire Department at (805) 772-6242.
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER
The City is part of, and coordinating with, a community volunteer group called Voluntary Organizations Active in Disasters (VOAD). This group will assist with helping our vulnerable high-risk population with any needs they may have, such as groceries or household items. If you would like to sign-up and volunteer please complete the form found here or call the City of Morro Bay COVID-19 Hotline at 805-772-6278.
At the City of Morro Bay, it is our job to help assist the federal government and public health organizations to keep our community healthy and safe. As part of our preparedness planning for COVID-19, we would like your thoughts on the current situation in our community. Please click on the link below to take the survey.
- COVID-19 Survey (click "sign up" if you have not used Polco before)
COUNTY ISSUES ORDER SUSPENDING EVICTIONS FOR RENTAL RESIDENCES
No one should be forced out of their home because of the spread of COVID-19 in our county. In partnership with all seven incorporated cities in San Luis Obispo County, (Arroyo Grande, Atascadero, Grover Beach, Morro Bay, El Paso de Robles, Pismo Beach, and San Luis Obispo), County Emergency Services Director Wade Horton issued an executive order today suspending evictions by landlords related to any rental property in San Luis Obispo County for failure to pay rent, foreclosure or decrease in household or business income due to COVID-19. These types of evictions are suspended through May 31, 2020.
- Press Release - County Issues Order Suspending Evictions for Rental Residences
- FAQ - SLO County Emergency Order and Regulation 3 Regarding Renter Relief Efforts
MORRO BAY PRESS RELEASES & PUBLIC NOTICES
- Cyber Safety and Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (CSEC)
- Ciberseguridad y Explotación Sexual Comercial de Niños (CSEC)
- County of SLO Takes Steps to Protect Public Health by Limiting Tourism - 5/15/20
- Condado de SLO toma medidas para proteger la salud pública limitando el turismo - 5/15/20
- Today Show Incorrectly States a Reopening Date for SLO County - 4/23/20
- El programa Today Show indica incorrectamente una fecha de reapertura para el condado de SLO - 4/23/20
- County Announces Phased Re-Opening of Specific Activities - 4/22/20
- Video - Police Chief Jody Cox on 3 Pronged Approach Encouraging Social Distancing - 4/17/20
- State of California Executive Order N 50-20 RE: Unemployment Benefits & New Call Center
- Morro Bay Transit Will Begin Limiting the Number of RIders on the Bus - 4/15/20
- Local Health Officials Emphasize CDC Guidance on Cloth Face Coverings - 4/9/20
- Oficiales de Salud Locales Enfocan la Guía del CDC en Cobertores de Tela para Cara - 4/9/20
- Local Leaders Begin Central Coast Economic Relief Efforts - 4/8/20
- Central Coast Economic Relief Contacts - 4/8/20
- County Expands Safe Overnight Parking Program to Three Locations - 4/7/20
- El Condado expande el Programa de Estacionamiento Nocturno Seguro a TresUbicaciones - 4/7/20
- Health Officials Urge Residents: If You Have COVID-19 Symptoms, Get Tested - 4/6/20
- Oficiales de Salud Recomiendan a Residentes: Si usted tiene síntomas deCOVID-19, sométase a una prueba - 4/6/20
- City Initiates “Rock Solid Together,” Morro Bay’s Financial and Economic Recovery Plan - 4/6/20
- City to Close Popular Beach Parking Lots and Boat Launch Ramp, Beginning Friday, March 27 at 6:00 PM - 3/26/20
- City Launches COVID-19 Phone Hotline & Local Volunteer Coordination Group - 3/23/20
- Morro Bay Transit Will Provide Free Bus Service Effective 3/23/20
- City and Chamber Work Together to Continue to Provide Services to Residents & Local Businesses - 3/19/20
- MORRO BAY CARES - ROUK (Are You OK?) - 3/19/20
- Condado emite orden ejectuvia para refugiarse en su hogar a partir de mañana (3/19/20)
- County Issues Executive Order to Shelter at Home Starting Tomorrow (3/19/20)
- Morro Bay Chamber COVID-19 Resource Page for Businesses - 3/18/20
- Small Business Administration Guidance & Loan Assistance Program - 3/18/20
- State Parks Closure Effective 3/19/20
- City Launches "Morro Bay Cares" Program to Help the Community in Midst of COVID-19 Pandemic - 3/17/20
- City Continues to Provide Essential Services While Following County Social Distancing Requirements - 3/16/20
- City Declares Local Emergency Related to COVID-19 - 3/14/20
CITY SERVICES & EVENT UPDATES
- Community Development Building Division - Revised Permit Submittal & Issuance Procedures in Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) Health Concerns - 3/19/20
- Community Development Building Division - Revised Building Inspection Procedures in Response to Coronovirus (COVID-19) Health Concern - 3/19/20
- Community Development Planning Division - Planning Division Procedures for Zoning Inquiries & Permit Application & Submittal Process in Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) Health Concerns - 3/19/20
- Public Works Engineering Division - Revised Encroachment Permit, Final Map and Other Public Works Application and Submittal Procedures