Plan Morro Bay
- Public Draft of Plan Morro Bay: General Plan / Local Coastal Plan now available here. Planning Commission reviewed public draft document over four meetings on August 7, 2018, September 4, 2018, December 4, 2018, and December 18, 2018. The document was also reviewed by the General Plan Advisory Committee (GPAC) on May 17, 2018, May 30, 2018, and June 14, 2018. Comment, input, and direction on the Public Draft is now being incorporated into a final draft for future review and recommendation by the Planning Commission to the City Council for adoption in 2019.
- Draft Zoning Code. Proposed Zoning changes as presented to GPAC and Planning Commission are presented below.
- Module 1 - Draft Administration and Permit Provisions
- Module 2 - Draft Interpretation Provisions, District Development Standards, General Site Regulations, Definitions
- Module 3 - Use Regulations Discussed at the PC meetings of May 15, 2018, June 5, 2018, July 3, 2018, and July 17, 2018.
- Module 4 - Overlay Districts and Citywide Standards, reviewed by Planning Commission on September 18, 2018, November 6, 2018 and November 20, 2018
- Draft Zoning Map reviewed by Planning Commission on November 6, 2018 and November 20, 2018.
Draft Short-Term Vacation Rental Ordinance as recommended by Planning Commission at its May 15, 2018 meeting is available here. These recommendations include draft requirements on parking, transferability of vacation rental licenses, and establishing new buffer distance requirements. A community forum was held in June 2018 to solicit further public comment and we welcome additional public comment. Changes to the Ordinance will be reviewed and considered later in 2019 separate from the Plan Morro Bay update project. Updates will be posted as available.
- Circulation Element Update, Draft Technical Report, March, 2018, available here
- Draft Low Cost Visitor Serving Accommodations Report, available here
- Draft Lateral Access Technical Memorandum reviewed by the GPAC on March 15, 2018, available here.
- Draft Environmentally Sensitive Habitat Area (ESHA) SLR Assessment, August 2018 available here.
- Draft Sea Level Rise Adaptation Strategy Report dated January 2018, available here.
Environmental Impact Report
- Notice of Preparation (NOP) - Public Scoping Meeting - On November 21, 2017 from 4-6 pm at the Veteran's Memorial Building, 209 Surf Street, the City held a public scoping meeting for the Plan Morro Bay Environmental Impact Report (EIR). To read the complete NOP, click here.
- Downtown Waterfront Strategic Plan (DWSP) adopted by City Council January 23, 2018.
- Community Baseline Assessment, May 2017 final document available here.
- Vulnerability & Resilience Assessment, March 2017 final document available here.
- Key Issues & Policies Report, December 2016 final document available here.
- Vision & Values Statement, September 2016 final document available here.
Over the next year, the City of Morro Bay will continue working with you, our residents, to complete the update of the City's General Plan/Local Coastal Program and Zoning Code started in 2015. To get involved, provide input, or for any questions, feel free to contact Scot Graham, Community Development Director at email@example.com or Cindy Jacinth, Senior Planner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Plan Advisory Committee (GPAC) meetings and material
To view past agendas, staff reports, and presentations for Plan Morro Bay materials presented to the GPAC, either click the link to the left or click here.