Plan Morro Bay
Plan Morro Bay Project Documents
- Adopted Plan Morro Bay (General Plan / Local Coastal Plan) adopted by City Council on May 25, 2021 and certified by the California Coastal Commission by unanimous vote on Thursday August 12, 2021. To review the CCC staff report, visit www.coastal.ca.gov/mtgcurr.html and click the meeting archives link.
Zoning Code Update
- NEW! - Zoning Code / Implementation Plan (IP) Public Hearing Draft 2021. Planning Commission will review the Public Hearing Draft of the Zoning Code at its December 7, 2021 meeting. The Zoning Code has been updated from the 2018 draft to reflect direction by the Planning Commission, comments received from Coastal Commission staff, and reflect updates in State law.
- Draft 2018 Zoning Code. The draft Zoning Code was reviewed by GPAC and Planning Commission in 2017-2018 as four separate modules shown below. Comments received by GPAC and PC were incorporated into a combined draft Zoning Code and is available here and also linked below. The proposed Zoning changes for each module as presented to GPAC and Planning Commission are below.
- Combined Draft 2018 Zoning Code (not yet adopted)
- Module 1 - Draft Administration and Permit Provisions
- Module 2 - Draft Interpretation Provisions, District Development Standards, General Site Regulations, Definitions
- Module 3 - Use Regulations Discussed at the PC meetings of May 15, 2018, June 5, 2018, July 3, 2018, and July 17, 2018.
- Module 4 - Overlay Districts and Citywide Standards, reviewed by Planning Commission on September 18, 2018, November 6, 2018 and November 20, 2018
Short Term Vacation Rental Ordinance. Ordinance 640 was adopted by City Council on October 27, 2020 to amend the City's Short Term Vacation Rental Ordinance. On September 9, 2021 the Coastal Commission certified the City's LCP amendment to add Title 17.41 to the Zoning Ordinance. The new short term rental ordinance will be incorporated into the updated Plan Morro Bay.
Environmental Impact Report (EIR)
- Final Environmental Impact Report certified by City Council on May 25, 2021.
- Appendices, includes Mitigation Monitoring & Reporting Program
- Draft EIR for Plan Morro Bay (review period 10/19/20 - 12/4/2020).
- Notice of Availability, 2020
- Notice of Preparation, 2017
- Low Cost Visitor Serving Accommodations Technical Memorandum, December 2017
- Environmentally Sensitive Habitat Area (ESHA) Review and Current Conditions Mapping, January 2018
- Sea Level Rise Adaptation Strategy Report January 2018
- Circulation Element Update, Draft Technical Report, March, 2018
- Environmentally Sensitive Habitat Area (ESHA) SLR Assessment, August 2018.
- Lateral Access Technical Memorandum, 2019
- Lateral Access Preferred Alignment Design Poster, 2019
- Coastal Resources and Resiliency H++ Update (SLR Modeling), June 2019
- Downtown Waterfront Strategic Plan (DWSP) adopted by City Council January 23, 2018.
- , May 2017 final document
- , March 2017 final document
- , December 2016 final document
- , September 2016 final document
- For other documents not listed here, please refer to the project documents page.
The update of the City's General Plan/Local Coastal Program and Zoning Code started in 2015. The City Council adopted a comprehensive update of the General Plan and Coastal Land Use Plan in May 2021. The Zoning Code / Implementation Plan component has been drafted and the Planning Commission will be holding public hearings to review the public hearing draft final document. To provide input, or for any questions, feel free to contact Scot Graham, Community Development Director at email@example.com or Cindy Jacinth, Senior Planner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Plan Advisory Committee (GPAC) meetings and material
To view past agendas, staff reports, and presentations for Plan Morro Bay materials presented to the GPAC, either click the link to the left or click here.