Plan Morro Bay
- Adopted Plan Morro Bay (General Plan / Local Coastal Plan) adopted by City Council on May 25, 2021. The virtual public hearing for the certification of the LUP by the California Coastal Commission (CCC) will be via the Commission's website beginning at 9:00am on August 12, 2021. To review the CCC staff report, visit www.coastal.ca.gov/mtgcurr.html. Click on the Thursday tab and scroll down to agenda item 16c. To submit written materials for review by the Coastal Commission, email them to either CentralCoast@coastal.ca.gov or to Commission staff (Kevin.Kahn@coastal.ca.gov) no later than 5pm on August 6, 2021.
- Adoption Hearing Draft of Plan Morro Bay: General Plan / Local Coastal Plan - April 2021. On April 27, 2021, the City Council held a public hearing to review and consider the Planning Commission's favorable recommendation to adopt Plan Morro Bay and certify the Final Environmental Impact Report (FEIR). The hearing was continued to the May 11, 2021 Council meeting in order to continue its review of the document and FEIR. At the May 11th meeting, the City Council continued the hearing to May 25, 2021 and directed staff to make minor edits for final adoption of Plan Morro Bay and certification of the EIR and related environmental documents.
- Hearing Draft of Plan Morro Bay: General Plan / Local Coastal Plan - version October 2020
- Comments received from Planning Commission, GPAC, public commenters, and Coastal Commission staff are also available and were incorporated into the updated Hearing Draft document reviewed at public hearings held by the Planning Commission from October - December 2020.
- Comparison chart with reference of existing GP/LCP Element names to new Element names.
- Edited Plan Morro Bay document showing redlined track changes from Public Draft to Hearing Draft.
- 2018 Public Draft reviewed by Planning Commission and GPAC.
Environmental Impact Report (EIR)
- Final Environmental Impact Report certified by City Council on May 25, 2021.
- Appendices, includes Mitigation Monitoring & Reporting Program
- Draft EIR for Plan Morro Bay (review period 10/19/20 - 12/4/2020).
- Notice of Availability
- Notice of Preparation, 2017
Zoning Code Update
- Draft Zoning Code. The draft Zoning Code was reviewed by GPAC and Planning Commission in 2017-2018 as four separate modules shown below. Comments received by GPAC and PC were incorporated into a combined draft Zoning Code and is available here and also linked below. The proposed Zoning changes for each module as presented to GPAC and Planning Commission are below.
- Combined Draft 2018 Zoning Code (not yet adopted)
- Module 1 - Draft Administration and Permit Provisions
- Module 2 - Draft Interpretation Provisions, District Development Standards, General Site Regulations, Definitions
- Module 3 - Use Regulations Discussed at the PC meetings of May 15, 2018, June 5, 2018, July 3, 2018, and July 17, 2018.
- Module 4 - Overlay Districts and Citywide Standards, reviewed by Planning Commission on September 18, 2018, November 6, 2018 and November 20, 2018
- Draft Zoning Map reviewed by Planning Commission on November 6, 2018 and November 20, 2018.
2020 Update - Draft Short Term Vacation Rental Ordinance and Community Committee Summary. A draft ordinance prepared by the City-formed Community Committee was reviewed by Planning Commission on August 18, 2020 and September 1, 2020 as a Zoning Ordinance amendment to add Title 17.41. Planning Commission forwarded a recommendation for adoption to City Council. City Council public hearings for adoption of the updated Vacation Rental Ordinance (Ordinance 640) were held at its September 22, 2020 and October 13, 2020 meeting and is scheduled again for its October 27, 2020 meeting.
- Low Cost Visitor Serving Accommodations Technical Memorandum, December 2017
- Environmentally Sensitive Habitat Area (ESHA) Review and Current Conditions Mapping, January 2018
- Sea Level Rise Adaptation Strategy Report January 2018
- Circulation Element Update, Draft Technical Report, March, 2018
- Environmentally Sensitive Habitat Area (ESHA) SLR Assessment, August 2018.
- Lateral Access Technical Memorandum, 2019
- Lateral Access Preferred Alignment Design Poster, 2019
- Coastal Resources and Resiliency H++ Update (SLR Modeling), June 2019
- Downtown Waterfront Strategic Plan (DWSP) adopted by City Council January 23, 2018.
- Community Baseline Assessment, May 2017 final document available here.
- Vulnerability & Resilience Assessment, March 2017 final document available here.
- Key Issues & Policies Report, December 2016 final document available here.
- Vision & Values Statement, September 2016 final document available here.
- For other documents not listed here, please refer to the project documents page.
The update of the City's General Plan/Local Coastal Program and Zoning Code started in 2015. The City Council will be holding a public hearing to review the final General Plan/ Local Coastal Plan on April 27, 2021 as recommended by the Planning Commission. The Zoning Code update that was previously drafted in 2018 by Planning Commission will come forward for final review in summer 2021. To provide input, or for any questions, feel free to contact Scot Graham, Community Development Director at email@example.com or Cindy Jacinth, Senior Planner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Plan Advisory Committee (GPAC) meetings and material
To view past agendas, staff reports, and presentations for Plan Morro Bay materials presented to the GPAC, either click the link to the left or click here.